Whether you think of N.E.R.D. as a musical group breaking down barriers, or just making an unlistenable cacophony on the airwaves (personally I’ll go with the first interpretation), they are here to stay. Built around a core trio of The Neptunes associates Pharrell Williams and Chad Hugo as well as Shay Haley, along with whatever musicians the group attracts at the moment, the N.E.R.D.s are now pushing their follow-up to hit single Hot-N-Fun, the rocking Help Me Live. This time around they’ve deviated from their usual quirky club bangers to a ‘60s jam band scenario, with Pharrell working the vocals over some live instrument Neptunes production that is a flash back to a time…well…way before my time. However listeners feel about this new musical path from the guys, much like their acronym (No-one Ever Really Dies), even the most negative reviews won’t possibly kill their movement. If you’re down to ride along with this ever-eclectic group, be sure to look out for their latest project, Nothing, dropping September 7 via Star Trak/Interscope.
Written by Sigurd on 08/16/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Everyone Nose" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.