Whether you think of N.E.R.D. as a musical group breaking down barriers, or just making an unlistenable cacophony on the airwaves (personally I’ll go with the first interpretation), they are here to stay. Built around a core trio of The Neptunes associates Pharrell Williams and Chad Hugo as well as Shay Haley, along with whatever musicians the group attracts at the moment, the N.E.R.D.s are now pushing their follow-up to hit single Hot-N-Fun, the rocking Help Me Live. This time around they’ve deviated from their usual quirky club bangers to a ‘60s jam band scenario, with Pharrell working the vocals over some live instrument Neptunes production that is a flash back to a time…well…way before my time. However listeners feel about this new musical path from the guys, much like their acronym (No-one Ever Really Dies), even the most negative reviews won’t possibly kill their movement. If you’re down to ride along with this ever-eclectic group, be sure to look out for their latest project, Nothing, dropping September 7 via Star Trak/Interscope.
Written by Sigurd on 08/16/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Everyone Nose" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)