One Kilo equals one thousand grams—simple, right? Well, not quite. On this mixtape track, making its world premiere right here in the Booth, new Cinematic Music Group signee (and Booth newcomer) Nephew is here to inform us that, though that figure is easy to remember, it’s not technically correct—what you may not (and I definitely didn’t) know is that a ki of cocaine is apparently 36 oz., which comes out to 1,008 grams. Who’d have guessed? As the self-proclaimed “next star of the South” showcases the street savvy that sets him apart from the rap game’s all-too-numerous wannabe hustlers, Infamous J serves up a high-impact arpeggiated-synth instrumental, grabbing the sampled hook from Ghostface‘s track of the same name. If you’re a fan of hard-hitting street lyricism, Nephew’s clearly got you covered, and it’s a good bet you’ll find more of what you’re craving on the Jacksonville native’s 3232 Rayford Street (Vol.1) mixtape when it hits the ‘net this October.
Written by richard on 08/12/09
Cinematic Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Remember Those Days" (2009)
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.