One Kilo equals one thousand grams—simple, right? Well, not quite. On this mixtape track, making its world premiere right here in the Booth, new Cinematic Music Group signee (and Booth newcomer) Nephew is here to inform us that, though that figure is easy to remember, it’s not technically correct—what you may not (and I definitely didn’t) know is that a ki of cocaine is apparently 36 oz., which comes out to 1,008 grams. Who’d have guessed? As the self-proclaimed “next star of the South” showcases the street savvy that sets him apart from the rap game’s all-too-numerous wannabe hustlers, Infamous J serves up a high-impact arpeggiated-synth instrumental, grabbing the sampled hook from Ghostface‘s track of the same name. If you’re a fan of hard-hitting street lyricism, Nephew’s clearly got you covered, and it’s a good bet you’ll find more of what you’re craving on the Jacksonville native’s 3232 Rayford Street (Vol.1) mixtape when it hits the ‘net this October.
Written by richard on 08/12/09
Submit your Rating
Cinematic Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Remember Those Days" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.