There are plenty of rappers out there I can imagine tagging along with to an upscale club, and many I could picture passing me a blunt at a random house party, but Nemo Achida‘s one of the very few who I can see myself chilling and doing absolutely nothing with. In a game packed with high-rollers and hustle fanatics, the Lexington, Ky. repper really knows how to relax (while somehow simultaneously churning out dope music). Follow-up to the breezy Stoop Music, newly-leaked mixtape cut Wasting Time finds the emcee whiling away a few spare minutes in laid-back reflection. Flywalker produces, looping a warm bell/flute sample to craft a headnodic backdrop for his bold and confident yet unflappably chill brand of braggadocio: “Abstract, I’m a little bit past that / I ain’t different, I’m next level homie, grasp that.” Does this mellow selection leave you wishing you could kick it a little longer with Nemo Achida? You’ll get your chance on November 15, when the artist’s Booth-sponsored Nemotional LP hits our mixtape page for free streaming and download.
Written by richard on 11/6/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"John Stockton" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.