No, Nemo Achida hasn’t taken up surfing (the man hails from Kentucky, after all), nor is he rocking a high-maintenance new hairstyle. When the 88-Keys protégé states that he’s a Slave to the Wave on single number two off his next full-length, he seems to have something a little more abstract in mind. Here, Childish Major‘s ethereal synth-sample boardwork backs Achida’s freewheeling lyrical reflections on the musical hustle. Surveying the progress he’s made to date with satisfaction, he looks forward to the day when hip-hop heads from coast to coast will be bumping his tunes. Feeling it? More dope new material awaits on Nemo’s Midnight Magic LP, due out July 22, via Locksmith Music.
Written by richard on 05/31/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"John Stockton" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.