No, Nemo Achida hasn’t taken up surfing (the man hails from Kentucky, after all), nor is he rocking a high-maintenance new hairstyle. When the 88-Keys protégé states that he’s a Slave to the Wave on single number two off his next full-length, he seems to have something a little more abstract in mind. Here, Childish Major‘s ethereal synth-sample boardwork backs Achida’s freewheeling lyrical reflections on the musical hustle. Surveying the progress he’s made to date with satisfaction, he looks forward to the day when hip-hop heads from coast to coast will be bumping his tunes. Feeling it? More dope new material awaits on Nemo’s Midnight Magic LP, due out July 22, via Locksmith Music.
Written by richard on 05/31/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"John Stockton" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.