No, Nemo Achida hasn’t taken up surfing (the man hails from Kentucky, after all), nor is he rocking a high-maintenance new hairstyle. When the 88-Keys protégé states that he’s a Slave to the Wave on single number two off his next full-length, he seems to have something a little more abstract in mind. Here, Childish Major‘s ethereal synth-sample boardwork backs Achida’s freewheeling lyrical reflections on the musical hustle. Surveying the progress he’s made to date with satisfaction, he looks forward to the day when hip-hop heads from coast to coast will be bumping his tunes. Feeling it? More dope new material awaits on Nemo’s Midnight Magic LP, due out July 22, via Locksmith Music.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"John Stockton" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- King Mez - Long Live the King
- Freeway x Girl Talk - Broken Ankles EP
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.