No, Nemo Achida hasn’t taken up surfing (the man hails from Kentucky, after all), nor is he rocking a high-maintenance new hairstyle. When the 88-Keys protégé states that he’s a Slave to the Wave on single number two off his next full-length, he seems to have something a little more abstract in mind. Here, Childish Major‘s ethereal synth-sample boardwork backs Achida’s freewheeling lyrical reflections on the musical hustle. Surveying the progress he’s made to date with satisfaction, he looks forward to the day when hip-hop heads from coast to coast will be bumping his tunes. Feeling it? More dope new material awaits on Nemo’s Midnight Magic LP, due out July 22, via Locksmith Music.
Written by richard on 05/31/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"John Stockton" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.