Last we heard from Locksmith Music signee Nemo Achida, on a January single off his next EP, he was looking forward to some Hands On interaction with a certain shawty. Luckily, his lust hasn’t overridden his desire to conquer the rap game. Getting it in remains a preoccupation on newly-released follow-up Show Me but, by and large, the cut finds him with his nose pressed firmly against the grindstone. Over the pensive piano chords and subtly off-kilter drums of label boss 88-Keys, the emcee spits about the overtime hours he’s been putting in to lay the groundwork for his future greatness. As he puts it on the back, he’s been “so busy out here I need a clone of me.” TDE signee SZA lends her vocals to the joint’s hazy chorus. Craving more? Then keep it locked. The Well Raised Beast EP has yet to receive a drop date, but we’ll continue to supply you with news and tunes leading up to its eventual arrival.
Written by richard on 03/18/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"John Stockton" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.