Last we heard from Locksmith Music signee Nemo Achida, on a January single off his next EP, he was looking forward to some Hands On interaction with a certain shawty. Luckily, his lust hasn’t overridden his desire to conquer the rap game. Getting it in remains a preoccupation on newly-released follow-up Show Me but, by and large, the cut finds him with his nose pressed firmly against the grindstone. Over the pensive piano chords and subtly off-kilter drums of label boss 88-Keys, the emcee spits about the overtime hours he’s been putting in to lay the groundwork for his future greatness. As he puts it on the back, he’s been “so busy out here I need a clone of me.” TDE signee SZA lends her vocals to the joint’s hazy chorus. Craving more? Then keep it locked. The Well Raised Beast EP has yet to receive a drop date, but we’ll continue to supply you with news and tunes leading up to its eventual arrival.
Written by richard on 03/18/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"John Stockton" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.