Last we heard from Locksmith Music signee Nemo Achida, on a January single off his next EP, he was looking forward to some Hands On interaction with a certain shawty. Luckily, his lust hasn’t overridden his desire to conquer the rap game. Getting it in remains a preoccupation on newly-released follow-up Show Me but, by and large, the cut finds him with his nose pressed firmly against the grindstone. Over the pensive piano chords and subtly off-kilter drums of label boss 88-Keys, the emcee spits about the overtime hours he’s been putting in to lay the groundwork for his future greatness. As he puts it on the back, he’s been “so busy out here I need a clone of me.” TDE signee SZA lends her vocals to the joint’s hazy chorus. Craving more? Then keep it locked. The Well Raised Beast EP has yet to receive a drop date, but we’ll continue to supply you with news and tunes leading up to its eventual arrival.
Written by richard on 03/18/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"John Stockton" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- HD - BBQ Goldfish
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.