Faithful, diligent and quietly effective, John Stockton may not have been the flashiest baller in the NBA, but his measured approach to the game brought him a level of success that was anything but modest. Looking to apply that same “give and you go” philosophy to the hip-hop grind, Nemo Achida invokes the Utah Jazz point guard’s illustrious name on his latest EP single. Sean Mangan handles production duties, flipping a smooth synth-vocal sample as the Lexington, Ky. representative’ drops his contemplative verses, showcasing a spiritually-centered brand of swagger as he sets himself apart from his hedonistic peers (“Every soul I see through, and every mind I read through say lust, money, power or fame / And none of the above can medicate the pain.”) So, what is is he after? Like his B-ball role model, Achida’ does it all for the man upstairs: “I’m a God, they see no flaw, but Yahweh’s above me, and he see all.” Like what you’re hearing? In addition to hearing John Stockton spun on Hot 97’s Real Late With Rosenberg program, fans can find plenty more where this came from on the artist’s Goodbye Brooklyn EP, available now online.
Written by richard on 07/25/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Stoop Music" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.