Men around the world believe in a little something called “a second chance.” In rapper Nelly’s world, his label, Universal Motown, believes in a fourth chance; following the release of the St. Louis native’s new album, Brass Knuckles, which only sold a meager 84,000 first week copies according to SoundScan, Motown announced that One And Only would be sent to radio at the end of October. One of three album cuts produced by Polow Da Don, the new single is the lone record on the fourteen-track LP that does not feature a guest artist. An appealing choice for radio success, the record features Nelly rapping, Nelly singing the hook, and Nelly admitting that a fictional female (we know its Ashanti, bro) has taken his breath away. This might be his last chance; did he win you over?
Listen to More: Nelly
Written by DJ Z on 09/30/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Throw Some D's (Remix)" (2007)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- ScHoolboy Q ft. Nas & BJ The Chicago Kid - Studio (Remix)
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- “Google Me Bitch”: A Lyrical Album Review of Rittz’ “Next to Nothing”
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.