Men around the world believe in a little something called “a second chance.” In rapper Nelly’s world, his label, Universal Motown, believes in a fourth chance; following the release of the St. Louis native’s new album, Brass Knuckles, which only sold a meager 84,000 first week copies according to SoundScan, Motown announced that One And Only would be sent to radio at the end of October. One of three album cuts produced by Polow Da Don, the new single is the lone record on the fourteen-track LP that does not feature a guest artist. An appealing choice for radio success, the record features Nelly rapping, Nelly singing the hook, and Nelly admitting that a fictional female (we know its Ashanti, bro) has taken his breath away. This might be his last chance; did he win you over?
Listen to More: Nelly
Written by DJ Z on 09/30/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Throw Some D's (Remix)" (2007)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.