With lead single Just a Dream, Nelly succeeded in cracking the Billboard Top 10 and got the gears turning for the release of his fifth full-length. Secure in the knowledge of a job well done, the St. Louis hitmaker’s gathered a couple of his closest friends for a celebratory jaunt to the local spot. Of course, when you’re a rap superstar, ogling hotties at the club isn’t just a good time – it’s research. The product of Nelly’s night out is tentative single Move That Body a club-banging tribute to the seductive power of asses in motion. Backed by Dr. Luke and Bangladesh‘s stark synth groove, the headliner calls on all all ladies “21 and older” to forget about their boyfriends and shake what God gave them. Fellow appreciators of the female form, T-Pain and Akon handle guest duties, the former showcasing his trademark studio wizardry on the hook and second verse, and the latter topping it all off with a melodically-flowed closing contribution. So, readers, would this joint make a worthy-follow-up to Dream? If you’re digging it, you’ll most definitely want to grab a copy of Nelly 5.0 when it hits store shelves Nov. 16.
Written by richard on 10/5/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Throw Some D's (Remix)" (2007)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.