With lead single Just a Dream, Nelly succeeded in cracking the Billboard Top 10 and got the gears turning for the release of his fifth full-length. Secure in the knowledge of a job well done, the St. Louis hitmaker’s gathered a couple of his closest friends for a celebratory jaunt to the local spot. Of course, when you’re a rap superstar, ogling hotties at the club isn’t just a good time – it’s research. The product of Nelly’s night out is tentative single Move That Body a club-banging tribute to the seductive power of asses in motion. Backed by Dr. Luke and Bangladesh‘s stark synth groove, the headliner calls on all all ladies “21 and older” to forget about their boyfriends and shake what God gave them. Fellow appreciators of the female form, T-Pain and Akon handle guest duties, the former showcasing his trademark studio wizardry on the hook and second verse, and the latter topping it all off with a melodically-flowed closing contribution. So, readers, would this joint make a worthy-follow-up to Dream? If you’re digging it, you’ll most definitely want to grab a copy of Nelly 5.0 when it hits store shelves Nov. 16.
Written by richard on 10/5/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Throw Some D's (Remix)" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.