With lead single Just a Dream, Nelly succeeded in cracking the Billboard Top 10 and got the gears turning for the release of his fifth full-length. Secure in the knowledge of a job well done, the St. Louis hitmaker’s gathered a couple of his closest friends for a celebratory jaunt to the local spot. Of course, when you’re a rap superstar, ogling hotties at the club isn’t just a good time – it’s research. The product of Nelly’s night out is tentative single Move That Body a club-banging tribute to the seductive power of asses in motion. Backed by Dr. Luke and Bangladesh‘s stark synth groove, the headliner calls on all all ladies “21 and older” to forget about their boyfriends and shake what God gave them. Fellow appreciators of the female form, T-Pain and Akon handle guest duties, the former showcasing his trademark studio wizardry on the hook and second verse, and the latter topping it all off with a melodically-flowed closing contribution. So, readers, would this joint make a worthy-follow-up to Dream? If you’re digging it, you’ll most definitely want to grab a copy of Nelly 5.0 when it hits store shelves Nov. 16.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Throw Some D's (Remix)" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.