F**king strippers is a lot like riding a carousel: it involves brightly-painted wooden horses and calliope music, lasts three to four minutes, and is best followed up with some delicious, blue cotton candy. At least, that’s how it’s always worked for me—did I just pull a 2 Chainz and reveal something incredibly weird about my sex life for no good reason? Moving right along, album lead single Marry-Go-Round finds Nelly utilizing the very same crazy analogy as he waxes poetic about a certain shawty’s ability to work the pole. Backed by the chattering samples, booming synth-bass and club-ready percussion of Da Internz, the St. Louis hip-pop hitmaker invites us to stand beside him in a boss-like fashion as he watches the titular chick work the pole, showing his appreciation with the help of some boxing metaphors and oddball Biblical allusions. (In a candidate for future “Rap Lines That Make No Sense” inclusion, he gets ready to “Show ‘em why they call me Moses, and show ‘em my cane (Cain) is able (Abel).”) Never a slouch on the guest tip, Chris Breezy echoes the headliner’s admiration for Marry on the sung hook. So, readers, how does this selection stack up against the hit singles that preceded 5.0? Debate away—and stay tuned for all the latest on Nelly’s M.O. LP, scheduled for release via Universal Republic/Derrty (hopefully) before year’s end.
Written by richard on 07/5/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Throw Some D's (Remix)" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.