F**king strippers is a lot like riding a carousel: it involves brightly-painted wooden horses and calliope music, lasts three to four minutes, and is best followed up with some delicious, blue cotton candy. At least, that’s how it’s always worked for me—did I just pull a 2 Chainz and reveal something incredibly weird about my sex life for no good reason? Moving right along, album lead single Marry-Go-Round finds Nelly utilizing the very same crazy analogy as he waxes poetic about a certain shawty’s ability to work the pole. Backed by the chattering samples, booming synth-bass and club-ready percussion of Da Internz, the St. Louis hip-pop hitmaker invites us to stand beside him in a boss-like fashion as he watches the titular chick work the pole, showing his appreciation with the help of some boxing metaphors and oddball Biblical allusions. (In a candidate for future “Rap Lines That Make No Sense” inclusion, he gets ready to “Show ‘em why they call me Moses, and show ‘em my cane (Cain) is able (Abel).”) Never a slouch on the guest tip, Chris Breezy echoes the headliner’s admiration for Marry on the sung hook. So, readers, how does this selection stack up against the hit singles that preceded 5.0? Debate away—and stay tuned for all the latest on Nelly’s M.O. LP, scheduled for release via Universal Republic/Derrty (hopefully) before year’s end.
Written by richard on 07/5/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Throw Some D's (Remix)" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.