Wouldn’t it be crazy if we all woke up tomorrow to find that we’re still living in Nelly‘s early-2000s glory days, and everything we thought had happened since then was, in reality, Just a Dream? Hey, anything’s possible! Well, OK, maybe not. Assuming we aren’t all trapped in the Matrix, the St. Louis native’s gonna need a hit or two to catapult him back to superstardom in the here and now. To that end, Nelly’s returned to our frontpage with another official single. In contrast to Tippin’ in the Club‘s hard-partying vibe, Dream has a poppier, but still dancefloor-ready sound; Jim Jonsin mans the boards, layering sugary synths and lite-rock guitar as Nelly shows off his softer side, lamenting his failure to patch things up with the girl he loved before it was too late. The pop appeal is most definitely there, but will this be track that returns the artist to his rightful place in the spotlight? That, my friends, is for you to decide. Either way, though, fans are gonna have to wait a little longer than previously expected for more new tunes – Nelly 5.0 has been delayed to a yet unspecified fall release.
Written by richard on 07/29/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Throw Some D's (Remix)" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.