Wouldn’t it be crazy if we all woke up tomorrow to find that we’re still living in Nelly‘s early-2000s glory days, and everything we thought had happened since then was, in reality, Just a Dream? Hey, anything’s possible! Well, OK, maybe not. Assuming we aren’t all trapped in the Matrix, the St. Louis native’s gonna need a hit or two to catapult him back to superstardom in the here and now. To that end, Nelly’s returned to our frontpage with another official single. In contrast to Tippin’ in the Club‘s hard-partying vibe, Dream has a poppier, but still dancefloor-ready sound; Jim Jonsin mans the boards, layering sugary synths and lite-rock guitar as Nelly shows off his softer side, lamenting his failure to patch things up with the girl he loved before it was too late. The pop appeal is most definitely there, but will this be track that returns the artist to his rightful place in the spotlight? That, my friends, is for you to decide. Either way, though, fans are gonna have to wait a little longer than previously expected for more new tunes – Nelly 5.0 has been delayed to a yet unspecified fall release.
Written by richard on 07/29/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Throw Some D's (Remix)" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)