Nelly‘s last single, an homage to super freaky funk/soul icon Rick James, earned a none-too-impressive two out of five-star average rating from our readers. Needless to say, your harsh feedback cut the St. Louis representative to the core, and he’s spent the intervening days eating Ben & Jerry’s seasoned with hot tears of shame. Nah, just kidding—as he makes abundantly clear on his latest song release, he doesn’t give one solitary f**k about anything standing between him and a good time. On, IDGAF Nelly reunites with his collaborators from the aforementioned Booth-panned joint. Pharrell Williams mans the boards, crafting a brisk, dancefloor-ready groove to back the headliner as he showcases his devil-may-care attitude in self-assured, sung verses. ATL heavyweight T.I. provides two high-energy 16s to bookend the cut. Has the trio put together a more appealing product this time around? Debate away—and keep it locked for the latest on Nelly’s M.O. LP, scheduled to hit record stores and online retailers September 30.
Written by richard on 09/24/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Throw Some D's (Remix)" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.