Nelly‘s last single, an homage to super freaky funk/soul icon Rick James, earned a none-too-impressive two out of five-star average rating from our readers. Needless to say, your harsh feedback cut the St. Louis representative to the core, and he’s spent the intervening days eating Ben & Jerry’s seasoned with hot tears of shame. Nah, just kidding—as he makes abundantly clear on his latest song release, he doesn’t give one solitary f**k about anything standing between him and a good time. On, IDGAF Nelly reunites with his collaborators from the aforementioned Booth-panned joint. Pharrell Williams mans the boards, crafting a brisk, dancefloor-ready groove to back the headliner as he showcases his devil-may-care attitude in self-assured, sung verses. ATL heavyweight T.I. provides two high-energy 16s to bookend the cut. Has the trio put together a more appealing product this time around? Debate away—and keep it locked for the latest on Nelly’s M.O. LP, scheduled to hit record stores and online retailers September 30.
Written by richard on 09/24/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Throw Some D's (Remix)" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.