Nelly‘s last single, an homage to super freaky funk/soul icon Rick James, earned a none-too-impressive two out of five-star average rating from our readers. Needless to say, your harsh feedback cut the St. Louis representative to the core, and he’s spent the intervening days eating Ben & Jerry’s seasoned with hot tears of shame. Nah, just kidding—as he makes abundantly clear on his latest song release, he doesn’t give one solitary f**k about anything standing between him and a good time. On, IDGAF Nelly reunites with his collaborators from the aforementioned Booth-panned joint. Pharrell Williams mans the boards, crafting a brisk, dancefloor-ready groove to back the headliner as he showcases his devil-may-care attitude in self-assured, sung verses. ATL heavyweight T.I. provides two high-energy 16s to bookend the cut. Has the trio put together a more appealing product this time around? Debate away—and keep it locked for the latest on Nelly’s M.O. LP, scheduled to hit record stores and online retailers September 30.
Written by richard on 09/24/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Throw Some D's (Remix)" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.