Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
Released in 1983, one of Prince’s biggest hits recounted a one-night stand with a woman as sleek and fast as a Little Red Corvette. As it turns out, Nelly‘s also into comparing females to sports cars, but he prefers a slightly different type—something nice and classy, with a European flair. On new single Hey Porsche, the follow-up to last summer’s Marry Go Round, he spits game to one such specimen in hopes that she’ll let him take her for a test drive. Featuring an upbeat, pop-rock instrumental by DJ Frank E and entirely sung vocals, this auto-erotically themed jam is a clear bid for crossover appeal. The question is, will fans of the St. Louis vet’s more hip hop-informed material enjoy the ride? As always, readers get to lay down the final verdict. Whatever your opinion, keep your browsers locked for the latest news and tunes leading up to the arrival of Nelly’s M.O. LP later this year.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Nelly’s Hey Porsche visual.
Written by richard on 03/1/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Throw Some D's (Remix)" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.