Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
Released in 1983, one of Prince’s biggest hits recounted a one-night stand with a woman as sleek and fast as a Little Red Corvette. As it turns out, Nelly‘s also into comparing females to sports cars, but he prefers a slightly different type—something nice and classy, with a European flair. On new single Hey Porsche, the follow-up to last summer’s Marry Go Round, he spits game to one such specimen in hopes that she’ll let him take her for a test drive. Featuring an upbeat, pop-rock instrumental by DJ Frank E and entirely sung vocals, this auto-erotically themed jam is a clear bid for crossover appeal. The question is, will fans of the St. Louis vet’s more hip hop-informed material enjoy the ride? As always, readers get to lay down the final verdict. Whatever your opinion, keep your browsers locked for the latest news and tunes leading up to the arrival of Nelly’s M.O. LP later this year.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Nelly’s Hey Porsche visual.
Written by richard on 03/1/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Throw Some D's (Remix)" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.