Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
Released in 1983, one of Prince’s biggest hits recounted a one-night stand with a woman as sleek and fast as a Little Red Corvette. As it turns out, Nelly‘s also into comparing females to sports cars, but he prefers a slightly different type—something nice and classy, with a European flair. On new single Hey Porsche, the follow-up to last summer’s Marry Go Round, he spits game to one such specimen in hopes that she’ll let him take her for a test drive. Featuring an upbeat, pop-rock instrumental by DJ Frank E and entirely sung vocals, this auto-erotically themed jam is a clear bid for crossover appeal. The question is, will fans of the St. Louis vet’s more hip hop-informed material enjoy the ride? As always, readers get to lay down the final verdict. Whatever your opinion, keep your browsers locked for the latest news and tunes leading up to the arrival of Nelly’s M.O. LP later this year.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Nelly’s Hey Porsche visual.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Throw Some D's (Remix)" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.