There are two types of men in this world: Nelly, and those who want to be like Nelly—whether they know it or not. On a freshly-minted single off his seventh studio album, the St. Louis mainstay takes satisfaction in the fact that “All y’all n**gas wanna Get Like Me.” A minimal, percussion-driven beat by Pharrell Williams (who also steps out from behind the boards to deliver a brief penultimate verse) backs Nelly as he spits about the many enviable aspects of his life—from his eminently fly wardrobe, to his world travels, to the beautiful women that surround him on the regular. Just so the ladies won’t feel left out, Nicki Minaj provides a target for female jealousy on verse two. Featuring Get Like Me, January’s Hey Porsche and many more fresh cuts, M.O. has yet to receive a drop date from the label brass. As always, fans can keep it locked for the latest.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Nelly’s Colin Tilley-directed Get Like Me visual.
Written by richard on 08/1/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Throw Some D's (Remix)" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.