There are two types of men in this world: Nelly, and those who want to be like Nelly—whether they know it or not. On a freshly-minted single off his seventh studio album, the St. Louis mainstay takes satisfaction in the fact that “All y’all n**gas wanna Get Like Me.” A minimal, percussion-driven beat by Pharrell Williams (who also steps out from behind the boards to deliver a brief penultimate verse) backs Nelly as he spits about the many enviable aspects of his life—from his eminently fly wardrobe, to his world travels, to the beautiful women that surround him on the regular. Just so the ladies won’t feel left out, Nicki Minaj provides a target for female jealousy on verse two. Featuring Get Like Me, January’s Hey Porsche and many more fresh cuts, M.O. has yet to receive a drop date from the label brass. As always, fans can keep it locked for the latest.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Nelly’s Colin Tilley-directed Get Like Me visual.
Written by richard on 08/1/13
St. Louis rap veteran Nelly has released his latest album-length collection of original material, M.O.. The follow-up to 2010's 5.0, it is the artist's seventh album in total. Included among its 12 tracks are Booth-featured...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Throw Some D's (Remix)" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.