There are two types of men in this world: Nelly, and those who want to be like Nelly—whether they know it or not. On a freshly-minted single off his seventh studio album, the St. Louis mainstay takes satisfaction in the fact that “All y’all n**gas wanna Get Like Me.” A minimal, percussion-driven beat by Pharrell Williams (who also steps out from behind the boards to deliver a brief penultimate verse) backs Nelly as he spits about the many enviable aspects of his life—from his eminently fly wardrobe, to his world travels, to the beautiful women that surround him on the regular. Just so the ladies won’t feel left out, Nicki Minaj provides a target for female jealousy on verse two. Featuring Get Like Me, January’s Hey Porsche and many more fresh cuts, M.O. has yet to receive a drop date from the label brass. As always, fans can keep it locked for the latest.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Nelly’s Colin Tilley-directed Get Like Me visual.
Written by richard on 08/1/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Throw Some D's (Remix)" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.