Nelly Furtado brings out her fifth and final single, Do It (Remix), from her wildly successful third album, Loose. And who better to collaborate with Mosley Music‘s debut artist than Timbaland‘s first protégé, Missy Elliott? The song, which gained notoriety even before its release as a single (suspicion arose way back in January that Timbo might have plagiarized the synthesizer from a video game) has an ‘80s rock-style feel to it, with Furtado sounding somewhat like Olivia Newton-John. Missy’s rap verse fits in well here too, with eccentric, tease-filled lyrics typical of a Missy verse. You know your album’s a hit when you’re still dropping singles a year after it’s release, and Do It has all the parts necessary to be yet another hit for Furtado.
Written by Burmy on 07/16/07
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Say It Right" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.