Nelly Furtado brings out her fifth and final single, Do It (Remix), from her wildly successful third album, Loose. And who better to collaborate with Mosley Music‘s debut artist than Timbaland‘s first protégé, Missy Elliott? The song, which gained notoriety even before its release as a single (suspicion arose way back in January that Timbo might have plagiarized the synthesizer from a video game) has an ‘80s rock-style feel to it, with Furtado sounding somewhat like Olivia Newton-John. Missy’s rap verse fits in well here too, with eccentric, tease-filled lyrics typical of a Missy verse. You know your album’s a hit when you’re still dropping singles a year after it’s release, and Do It has all the parts necessary to be yet another hit for Furtado.
Written by Burmy on 07/16/07
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Say It Right" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.