Nelly Furtado brings out her fifth and final single, Do It (Remix), from her wildly successful third album, Loose. And who better to collaborate with Mosley Music‘s debut artist than Timbaland‘s first protégé, Missy Elliott? The song, which gained notoriety even before its release as a single (suspicion arose way back in January that Timbo might have plagiarized the synthesizer from a video game) has an ‘80s rock-style feel to it, with Furtado sounding somewhat like Olivia Newton-John. Missy’s rap verse fits in well here too, with eccentric, tease-filled lyrics typical of a Missy verse. You know your album’s a hit when you’re still dropping singles a year after it’s release, and Do It has all the parts necessary to be yet another hit for Furtado.
Written by Burmy on 07/16/07
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Say It Right" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)