Nelly Furtado brings out her fifth and final single, Do It (Remix), from her wildly successful third album, Loose. And who better to collaborate with Mosley Music‘s debut artist than Timbaland‘s first protégé, Missy Elliott? The song, which gained notoriety even before its release as a single (suspicion arose way back in January that Timbo might have plagiarized the synthesizer from a video game) has an ‘80s rock-style feel to it, with Furtado sounding somewhat like Olivia Newton-John. Missy’s rap verse fits in well here too, with eccentric, tease-filled lyrics typical of a Missy verse. You know your album’s a hit when you’re still dropping singles a year after it’s release, and Do It has all the parts necessary to be yet another hit for Furtado.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Say It Right" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.