Nelly Furtado brings out her fifth and final single, Do It (Remix), from her wildly successful third album, Loose. And who better to collaborate with Mosley Music‘s debut artist than Timbaland‘s first protégé, Missy Elliott? The song, which gained notoriety even before its release as a single (suspicion arose way back in January that Timbo might have plagiarized the synthesizer from a video game) has an ‘80s rock-style feel to it, with Furtado sounding somewhat like Olivia Newton-John. Missy’s rap verse fits in well here too, with eccentric, tease-filled lyrics typical of a Missy verse. You know your album’s a hit when you’re still dropping singles a year after it’s release, and Do It has all the parts necessary to be yet another hit for Furtado.
Written by Burmy on 07/16/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Say It Right" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Adrian Lau - The Departed
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- Drake - 6 God EP
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.