Nelly Furtado’s remix of Maneater comes off as if it wants to have a “chopped and screwed” effect but doesn’t want to commit to the style. Nelly’s vocals on the remix are very blatantly ‘copy and pasted’ and slowed down to match the new tempo. Featuring Lil’ Wayne fifteen seconds into the track, one would think he would set the pace for the song. This unfortunately isn’t the case because the chemistry between the two artists is purely manufactured.
Written by Pho3n1x Rhodes on 12/22/06
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Say It Right" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.