Nelly Furtado’s remix of Maneater comes off as if it wants to have a “chopped and screwed” effect but doesn’t want to commit to the style. Nelly’s vocals on the remix are very blatantly ‘copy and pasted’ and slowed down to match the new tempo. Featuring Lil’ Wayne fifteen seconds into the track, one would think he would set the pace for the song. This unfortunately isn’t the case because the chemistry between the two artists is purely manufactured.
Written by Pho3n1x Rhodes on 12/22/06
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Say It Right" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)