Nelly Furtado’s remix of Maneater comes off as if it wants to have a “chopped and screwed” effect but doesn’t want to commit to the style. Nelly’s vocals on the remix are very blatantly ‘copy and pasted’ and slowed down to match the new tempo. Featuring Lil’ Wayne fifteen seconds into the track, one would think he would set the pace for the song. This unfortunately isn’t the case because the chemistry between the two artists is purely manufactured.
Written by Pho3n1x Rhodes on 12/22/06
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Say It Right" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.