“People want to feel like they’ll surely do everything before they die that they dream of, but deep down maybe we all know it will not happen, cause you can die at any minute.” I wasn’t expecting the realest sh*t I heard all day to come courtesy of Nelly Furtado, but there it is. Bucket List, the latest single off the pop songstress’ latest full-length, is a catchy wake-up call to anyone who’s been putting off for tomorrow something they could be doing today—whether it’s climbing Mt. Everest or simply telling a certain guy or girl how you feel about them. Rodney “Darkchild” Jerkins handles production duties, complementing Furtado’s vocals with an breezy, guitar-laced groove, and director Aaron A. Bertrand brings the record’s “carpe diem” themes to life on the visual tip. Fans can find Bucket List, along with previous single Parking Lot and the LP’s Booth-acclaimed title track, on The Spirit Indestructable, released last fall via Interscope.
Written by richard on 02/24/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Say It Right" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.