Man, life would be good if I had a serious bankroll. I know just about everyone says that, but think of all the cool and amazing things you could do with a whole boatload of money: you could build a swimming pool in your house and fill it with cash a la Scrooge McDuck, you could pull a Pacman Jones and make it rain on a bunch of strippers at a Vegas landing strip, you could even hire a witch doctor to perform a ritual or two and bring all of rap’s late greats back to the land of the living. Okay, so maybe the last idea was a little far-fetched (though, it would explain 2Pac‘s posthumous output…). On 1000 Stacks, the Don Vito-produced lead single off Nelly’s forthcoming, yet-untitled LP, the St. Louis rapper and Bad Boy mogul Diddy go the more traditional route, sampling a hook from Biggie‘s Everyday Stuggle as they riff on the theme of making tons of cash and enjoying every second of it. Whether your bank account has in upwards of six digits (without a minus sign to the left) or you simply dream of being able to afford to do things like buy a blimp with your name painted on the side of it, this track is well worth checking out.
Written by Dr. D on 07/19/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Throw Some D's (Remix)" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.