While many St. Louis are artists making the hip-hop headlines these days (Chingy, Jibbs, Huey for example), the time was right for the undisputed king of St. Louis hip hop to make his return. That’s right, Nelly‘s back for his upcoming fifth studio album, Brass Knuckles. The first buzz single, Cut It Out, features half of two Southern powerhouse groups (UGK’s Pimp C and YoungBloodZ’s Sean P.) spitting lyrics typical of their respective groups. Nelly on the other hand seems to be dissing Huey on his verse with the lines: “It’s a new St. Louis, yeah that’s funny / I’ma stick with the old, the new don’t make enough money.” All this plus a beat (courtesy of upcoming beat crew Pi Productions) that is sure to be rockin’ in the clubs and on the radio, and you get the perfect platform for Nelly Nell’s return to the top. After all, he was #1.
Written by Burmy on 07/9/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Throw Some D's (Remix)" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.