While many St. Louis are artists making the hip-hop headlines these days (Chingy, Jibbs, Huey for example), the time was right for the undisputed king of St. Louis hip hop to make his return. That’s right, Nelly‘s back for his upcoming fifth studio album, Brass Knuckles. The first buzz single, Cut It Out, features half of two Southern powerhouse groups (UGK’s Pimp C and YoungBloodZ’s Sean P.) spitting lyrics typical of their respective groups. Nelly on the other hand seems to be dissing Huey on his verse with the lines: “It’s a new St. Louis, yeah that’s funny / I’ma stick with the old, the new don’t make enough money.” All this plus a beat (courtesy of upcoming beat crew Pi Productions) that is sure to be rockin’ in the clubs and on the radio, and you get the perfect platform for Nelly Nell’s return to the top. After all, he was #1.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Throw Some D's (Remix)" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.