While many St. Louis are artists making the hip-hop headlines these days (Chingy, Jibbs, Huey for example), the time was right for the undisputed king of St. Louis hip hop to make his return. That’s right, Nelly‘s back for his upcoming fifth studio album, Brass Knuckles. The first buzz single, Cut It Out, features half of two Southern powerhouse groups (UGK’s Pimp C and YoungBloodZ’s Sean P.) spitting lyrics typical of their respective groups. Nelly on the other hand seems to be dissing Huey on his verse with the lines: “It’s a new St. Louis, yeah that’s funny / I’ma stick with the old, the new don’t make enough money.” All this plus a beat (courtesy of upcoming beat crew Pi Productions) that is sure to be rockin’ in the clubs and on the radio, and you get the perfect platform for Nelly Nell’s return to the top. After all, he was #1.
Written by Burmy on 07/9/07
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Throw Some D's (Remix)" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.