While many St. Louis are artists making the hip-hop headlines these days (Chingy, Jibbs, Huey for example), the time was right for the undisputed king of St. Louis hip hop to make his return. That’s right, Nelly‘s back for his upcoming fifth studio album, Brass Knuckles. The first buzz single, Cut It Out, features half of two Southern powerhouse groups (UGK’s Pimp C and YoungBloodZ’s Sean P.) spitting lyrics typical of their respective groups. Nelly on the other hand seems to be dissing Huey on his verse with the lines: “It’s a new St. Louis, yeah that’s funny / I’ma stick with the old, the new don’t make enough money.” All this plus a beat (courtesy of upcoming beat crew Pi Productions) that is sure to be rockin’ in the clubs and on the radio, and you get the perfect platform for Nelly Nell’s return to the top. After all, he was #1.
Written by Burmy on 07/9/07
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Throw Some D's (Remix)" (2007)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.