Nelly professed a love for kicks on his ’02 hit record, Air Force 1’s, and the St. Louis emcee is at it again with Stepped on My J’z an ode to his Jordans, as well as to those who may not watch where they walk. On the new single, the three-time Grammy winner teams up with Jermaine Dupri, who handles the production and spits a sneaker-loving sixteen, as well as Ciara, who lends her vocal skills and recognizes her own adoration for J’z. Each Jordan “aficionado” rhymes about their collection, how they keep it clean, crisp, and cool, and creatively they bring back memories of school shopping in September to impress haters and classroom crushes alike. Nelly’s new album, Brass Knuckles, drops on June 24.
Written by Erica L. on 05/11/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Throw Some D's (Remix)" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.