Nelly professed a love for kicks on his ’02 hit record, Air Force 1’s, and the St. Louis emcee is at it again with Stepped on My J’z an ode to his Jordans, as well as to those who may not watch where they walk. On the new single, the three-time Grammy winner teams up with Jermaine Dupri, who handles the production and spits a sneaker-loving sixteen, as well as Ciara, who lends her vocal skills and recognizes her own adoration for J’z. Each Jordan “aficionado” rhymes about their collection, how they keep it clean, crisp, and cool, and creatively they bring back memories of school shopping in September to impress haters and classroom crushes alike. Nelly’s new album, Brass Knuckles, drops on June 24.
Written by Erica L. on 05/11/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Throw Some D's (Remix)" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.