Nelly professed a love for kicks on his ’02 hit record, Air Force 1’s, and the St. Louis emcee is at it again with Stepped on My J’z an ode to his Jordans, as well as to those who may not watch where they walk. On the new single, the three-time Grammy winner teams up with Jermaine Dupri, who handles the production and spits a sneaker-loving sixteen, as well as Ciara, who lends her vocal skills and recognizes her own adoration for J’z. Each Jordan “aficionado” rhymes about their collection, how they keep it clean, crisp, and cool, and creatively they bring back memories of school shopping in September to impress haters and classroom crushes alike. Nelly’s new album, Brass Knuckles, drops on June 24.
Written by Erica L. on 05/11/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Throw Some D's (Remix)" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.