Nelly professed a love for kicks on his ’02 hit record, Air Force 1’s, and the St. Louis emcee is at it again with Stepped on My J’z an ode to his Jordans, as well as to those who may not watch where they walk. On the new single, the three-time Grammy winner teams up with Jermaine Dupri, who handles the production and spits a sneaker-loving sixteen, as well as Ciara, who lends her vocal skills and recognizes her own adoration for J’z. Each Jordan “aficionado” rhymes about their collection, how they keep it clean, crisp, and cool, and creatively they bring back memories of school shopping in September to impress haters and classroom crushes alike. Nelly’s new album, Brass Knuckles, drops on June 24.
Written by Erica L. on 05/11/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Throw Some D's (Remix)" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)