While Nelly became the only rapper to have five #1 hit songs with his latest smash hit, Just a Dream, many are wondering if the St. Louis vet still has respect of the hip-hop fans he came into the game with. With his new album Nelly 5.0 set to drop next week (November 16), he’s now looking to build even more buzz with a stand out track that features the routinely arrested T.I., entitled She So Fly. So, is this the record that will put Nelly back on the minds of rap fans? Does George Bush like Kanye West? (Think it over.) The song starts out with some slow, smooth production, courtesy of The Smash Factory, that immediately sounds like it was made for Nelly to sing over, and singing we get. While T.I. drops almost two full verses, which I’m sure will puzzle people about whose song it really is, Nelly throws in a middle verse to prove he still has some kind of mic skills. However, it’s obvious that Fly is more pop than anything, so if you were hoping to hear some Country Grammar circa 2010, I’m sorry to inform you, “It was just a dream.”
Written by JRTheWriter on 11/11/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Throw Some D's (Remix)" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.