While Nelly became the only rapper to have five #1 hit songs with his latest smash hit, Just a Dream, many are wondering if the St. Louis vet still has respect of the hip-hop fans he came into the game with. With his new album Nelly 5.0 set to drop next week (November 16), he’s now looking to build even more buzz with a stand out track that features the routinely arrested T.I., entitled She So Fly. So, is this the record that will put Nelly back on the minds of rap fans? Does George Bush like Kanye West? (Think it over.) The song starts out with some slow, smooth production, courtesy of The Smash Factory, that immediately sounds like it was made for Nelly to sing over, and singing we get. While T.I. drops almost two full verses, which I’m sure will puzzle people about whose song it really is, Nelly throws in a middle verse to prove he still has some kind of mic skills. However, it’s obvious that Fly is more pop than anything, so if you were hoping to hear some Country Grammar circa 2010, I’m sorry to inform you, “It was just a dream.”
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Throw Some D's (Remix)" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.