Over the course of a dozen years in the game, Nelly has gone through plenty of growth and change as well as myriad career ups and downs, but at least two things have remained constant: his down-South pride and his stylish swagger. On the lead single off his next mixtape, the St. Louis repper reminds listeners that he is now and ever shall be C-N-F; that is, “Country n**ga fly.” Jason “JP” Perry and TEC Beatz provide an instrumental that exemplifies the titular qualities, layering scintillating synth arpeggios over a trunk-rattling kick as the artist touts his fidelity to his roots. Notably, he one-ups his regionmates by claiming not that he owns a flashy whip, but that he is one: “Paint drippin’ wet, my inside drippin’ leather” For this fly country anthem and much more, check out Scorpio Season when it hits the ‘net November 2. Additionally, watch out pages for the latest on yet-unscheduled studio album M.O., featuring hit lead single Marry-Go-Round.
Written by richard on 10/25/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Throw Some D's (Remix)" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.