While plenty of MCs from the East Coast, West Coast and Midwest have adapted to the popular southern sounds of Houston, Atlanta and Miami, the same cannot be said for the Bay Area’s regionally popular Hyphy movement. In fact, if you ask listeners outside of the Oakland/San Francisco area to name an artist who is responsible for the Hyphy sound, many would simply not know. Informed and well-versed, St. Louis rap pioneer Nelly wants to correct that problem, showcasing three Hyphy legends on the appropriately titled, Bay. In honor of rappers Spice 1 (first verse), Too Short (second verse) and E-40 (third verse), the St. Lunatic tactfully imitates all three delivery styles, delivering a surprisingly unique track. Nelly will drop his long-awaited Brass Knuckles on June 24.
Written by DJ Z on 05/4/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Throw Some D's (Remix)" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)