A few months back, when NeeQ (not to be confused with NIQUE) first unleashed his latest single, the whole damn Internet slept on it—The DJBooth included. When you’re as clearly Gifted as the Creative Mics emcee, though, it’s only a matter of time before heads stand up and take notice. On this headphone-ready cut, Dizzie‘s ebbing, flowing synths and boom-bap percussion set the stage for verses touting NeeQ’s facility on the mic and dedication to this craft. NYC mainstay Mickey Factz contributes an effortlessly fresh opening 16. Like what you’re hearing? Then stay tuned for more fresh singles leading up to the release of indie full-length Higher Standards, which as yet lacks a drop date.
Written by richard on 08/22/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.