A few months back, when NeeQ (not to be confused with NIQUE) first unleashed his latest single, the whole damn Internet slept on it—The DJBooth included. When you’re as clearly Gifted as the Creative Mics emcee, though, it’s only a matter of time before heads stand up and take notice. On this headphone-ready cut, Dizzie‘s ebbing, flowing synths and boom-bap percussion set the stage for verses touting NeeQ’s facility on the mic and dedication to this craft. NYC mainstay Mickey Factz contributes an effortlessly fresh opening 16. Like what you’re hearing? Then stay tuned for more fresh singles leading up to the release of indie full-length Higher Standards, which as yet lacks a drop date.
Written by richard on 08/22/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.