There are as many approaches to the problem of hater-dom as there are hate recipients – some lash out angrily, others seek revenge through living well, and still others make their point through sarcastic declarations of gratitude. Neako‘s weapon of choice? Politeness – as the Jersey-based freestyle series alum (and recent Booth showcase participant) explains on his latest mixtape single, he greets his detractors the same way as he does anyone else: with a nonchalant, “Wzup.” Backed by his own atmospheric arepeggiated-synth boardwork, Neako proves that he’s too rich, too focused, and too attractive to pay any mind to negativity. Joining him on the guest tip is fellow Newark native NASA (not to be confused with this N.A.S.A.), who “clap[s] it up” for all the doubters in his braggadocious middle verse. Haters may be a fact of life, but I can’t imagine Neako’s non-constructive critics will find much to tear into here – what do you think, readers? If you’re digging it, then keep it locked for the latest on the artist’s Booth-sponsored TheYP5: Yellow Edition.5 street album, set to hit our mixtape page in January for free streaming and download.
Written by richard on 11/4/10
Submit your Rating
LVLYSL / iHipHop Distribution
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm On It ft. Vertical Jones" (2009)
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.