There are as many approaches to the problem of hater-dom as there are hate recipients – some lash out angrily, others seek revenge through living well, and still others make their point through sarcastic declarations of gratitude. Neako‘s weapon of choice? Politeness – as the Jersey-based freestyle series alum (and recent Booth showcase participant) explains on his latest mixtape single, he greets his detractors the same way as he does anyone else: with a nonchalant, “Wzup.” Backed by his own atmospheric arepeggiated-synth boardwork, Neako proves that he’s too rich, too focused, and too attractive to pay any mind to negativity. Joining him on the guest tip is fellow Newark native NASA (not to be confused with this N.A.S.A.), who “clap[s] it up” for all the doubters in his braggadocious middle verse. Haters may be a fact of life, but I can’t imagine Neako’s non-constructive critics will find much to tear into here – what do you think, readers? If you’re digging it, then keep it locked for the latest on the artist’s Booth-sponsored TheYP5: Yellow Edition.5 street album, set to hit our mixtape page in January for free streaming and download.
Written by richard on 11/4/10
Submit your Rating
LVLYSL / iHipHop Distribution
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm On It ft. Vertical Jones" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.