Derived from the Latin root “valeo,” the adjective ”Validus” designates strength, ability, health and worthiness. According to Wikipedia, it also refers to a Fantastic Four supervillain who shoots electricity out of his exposed brain. Since I’ve never seen nor heard of Neako emitting lightning bolts from his cerebellum, though, I’ma assume that the title of this unreleased cut refers to the fact that the Jersey repper’s one of the few young guns worthy of spitting over a beat by the great J. Dilla—specifically, the smooth, Stylistics-sampled instrumental that backed The Shining inclusion Baby. The freestyle series alumnus’ mic work here certainly backs that claim up. Replacing original collaborators Madlib and Guilty Simpson, Neako laces the beat with line after line of effortlessly fresh braggadocio: “We bang threes, we forever ball / Like we wanna play for Georgetown and kill ‘em all… These n*ggas headaches and my flows laced with Tylenol.” Though Validus isn’t set for inclusion on any forthcoming project, those digging it can find plenty more fresh Neako material on the artist’s Booth-sponsored LP: Tree mixtape; also, watch for new videos off the project to debut soon!
Written by richard on 07/14/11
Submit your Rating
LVLYSL / iHipHop Distribution
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm On It ft. Vertical Jones" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Adrian Lau - The Departed
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- Drake - 6 God EP
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.