I’ve never had the patience to memorize whatever magical set of twists and turns solves the classic puzzle, but it’s clear from the behavior of Rubik’s Cube aficionados that the things are damned addictive – once it’s unscrambled, you just have to re-scramble it and solve it again. Perhaps that explains why Neako‘s decided to drop another iteration of his Rubix Cube: Blue Edition mixtape, complete with seven brand new tracks. Whatever the case, if Suicide (Remix) is any indication, the project will be one dope retread. Backed by the artist’s own gritty synth-bass boardwork and featuring guest bars from Inglewood favorite Shawn Chrystopher, DMV native Phil Adé, Trunk Muzik rapper Yelawolf, singer/emcee Smoke DZA and Booth newcomer Stalley, this revamp could hardly be said to have a weak link. If I were to pick a strong link, however, Yela would be it – just as he did on the most recent remix of Luda‘s How Low, the Alabama up-and-comer comes with enough furiously-flowed lyrical ammunition to blow a small army to pieces. Agree with my assessment? Disagree? Either way, those who like what they’re hearing will want to keep it locked for the latest on The Rubix Cube: Blue.5 Edition.
Written by richard on 02/11/10
LVLYSL / iHipHop Distribution
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm On It ft. Vertical Jones" (2009)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)