I’ve never had the patience to memorize whatever magical set of twists and turns solves the classic puzzle, but it’s clear from the behavior of Rubik’s Cube aficionados that the things are damned addictive – once it’s unscrambled, you just have to re-scramble it and solve it again. Perhaps that explains why Neako‘s decided to drop another iteration of his Rubix Cube: Blue Edition mixtape, complete with seven brand new tracks. Whatever the case, if Suicide (Remix) is any indication, the project will be one dope retread. Backed by the artist’s own gritty synth-bass boardwork and featuring guest bars from Inglewood favorite Shawn Chrystopher, DMV native Phil Adé, Trunk Muzik rapper Yelawolf, singer/emcee Smoke DZA and Booth newcomer Stalley, this revamp could hardly be said to have a weak link. If I were to pick a strong link, however, Yela would be it – just as he did on the most recent remix of Luda‘s How Low, the Alabama up-and-comer comes with enough furiously-flowed lyrical ammunition to blow a small army to pieces. Agree with my assessment? Disagree? Either way, those who like what they’re hearing will want to keep it locked for the latest on The Rubix Cube: Blue.5 Edition.
Written by richard on 02/11/10
Submit your Rating
LVLYSL / iHipHop Distribution
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm On It ft. Vertical Jones" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.