Seven days after my 10th birthday, which I am sure was celebrated with Chicago Bears-themed party plates, silverware and napkins, West Coast legend Warren G released the most popular song of his career. Found on the soundtrack to Above The Rim, the Nate Dogg-assisted Regulate became an instant hit (reaching #2 on the Billboard 100) and to this day is still played at block parties and bowling alleys from sea to shining sea. Now, some 16 years later, a song with the same title has premiered inside the DJ Booth, but this time around the beats are booming from New Jersey, not the west coast. Courtesy of DJBooth Freestyle Series alum Neako, the new Regulate is a spin-off of the Jersey native’s last solo feature, Resume & Name. Produced by the man himself, the song is filled braggadocios rhymes and swagger-drenched stunting. Not exactly like the re-invention of the wheel, but still plenty enjoyable. Neako’s Regulate will be included on the DJBooth-hosted #TheYP5 (Yellow Edition.5), which will be available for download January 2011.
Written by DJ Z on 09/20/10
Submit your Rating
LVLYSL / iHipHop Distribution
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm On It ft. Vertical Jones" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.