Seven days after my 10th birthday, which I am sure was celebrated with Chicago Bears-themed party plates, silverware and napkins, West Coast legend Warren G released the most popular song of his career. Found on the soundtrack to Above The Rim, the Nate Dogg-assisted Regulate became an instant hit (reaching #2 on the Billboard 100) and to this day is still played at block parties and bowling alleys from sea to shining sea. Now, some 16 years later, a song with the same title has premiered inside the DJ Booth, but this time around the beats are booming from New Jersey, not the west coast. Courtesy of DJBooth Freestyle Series alum Neako, the new Regulate is a spin-off of the Jersey native’s last solo feature, Resume & Name. Produced by the man himself, the song is filled braggadocios rhymes and swagger-drenched stunting. Not exactly like the re-invention of the wheel, but still plenty enjoyable. Neako’s Regulate will be included on the DJBooth-hosted #TheYP5 (Yellow Edition.5), which will be available for download January 2011.
Written by DJ Z on 09/20/10
Submit your Rating
LVLYSL / iHipHop Distribution
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm On It ft. Vertical Jones" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.