Last we heard from DJBooth Freestyle alum Neako he was roaming DJBooth’s pages like Warren G and Nate Dogg, ready to Regulate and telling every hater he encountered along the way Wzup. Now the New Jersey native is back and…um…. well….ok, so I can’t think of a good pun for his new release LOUDERPack, but that doesn’t make it any less dope. For the song’s worldwide premiere Neako pulls double duty, jumping behind the boards to craft an electro influenced, minimalistic beat topped off with some live flute playing from the fantastically named Fluter Scooter (no, I didn’t make that up). Fittingly the vocals are every bit as spacey, alternating sharply between heavy distortion and openly hostile and high-caliber rhymes. Love it or hate it, you haven’t heard anything like it. Finding yourself reaching for the volume and turning this one up louder? Then you’ll want to keep an ear out for Neako’s newly-titled album The Sinner & The Winner (previously known as YP5), dropping on DJBooth on February 7. Maybe by then my pun skills will be back up to par.
Written by Nathan S. on 01/19/11
LVLYSL / iHipHop Distribution
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm On It ft. Vertical Jones" (2009)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- ScHoolboy Q ft. Nas & BJ The Chicago Kid - Studio (Remix)
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- “Google Me Bitch”: A Lyrical Album Review of Rittz’ “Next to Nothing”
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.