Last we heard from DJBooth Freestyle alum Neako he was roaming DJBooth’s pages like Warren G and Nate Dogg, ready to Regulate and telling every hater he encountered along the way Wzup. Now the New Jersey native is back and…um…. well….ok, so I can’t think of a good pun for his new release LOUDERPack, but that doesn’t make it any less dope. For the song’s worldwide premiere Neako pulls double duty, jumping behind the boards to craft an electro influenced, minimalistic beat topped off with some live flute playing from the fantastically named Fluter Scooter (no, I didn’t make that up). Fittingly the vocals are every bit as spacey, alternating sharply between heavy distortion and openly hostile and high-caliber rhymes. Love it or hate it, you haven’t heard anything like it. Finding yourself reaching for the volume and turning this one up louder? Then you’ll want to keep an ear out for Neako’s newly-titled album The Sinner & The Winner (previously known as YP5), dropping on DJBooth on February 7. Maybe by then my pun skills will be back up to par.
Written by Nathan S. on 01/19/11
Submit your Rating
LVLYSL / iHipHop Distribution
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm On It ft. Vertical Jones" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.