We all know that Neako is a master at creating brooding, blunted bangers, but the man may have outdone himself with this one. The final release off his forthcoming street album, Scanners (No, I can’t explain the title—maybe he really digs the Cronenberg movie?) finds the Jersey phenom doing double-duty on the mic and behind the boards. Over his and Cash Hits’ moody, string-drenched production, sampled from British trip-hop group Alpha’s Fireflies, the Booth fave (and freestyle series alumnus) comes with his trademark, hazily ambivalent yet hard-hitting brand of lyrical fire: “I’m smokin’ on reefer and sippin’ champagne / I remember those days when I was covered in rain / Now it seems like I’m surrounded by b*tches and covered in chains.” On the back end, fellow kush/money aficionado Wiz Khalifa grabs the mic to voice his support for the ongoing protests on Wall Street. Psych—he spits about reefer and private jets. Those digging Neako’s latest effort can expect plenty more quality tunes come October 4, when #TheNumber23 hits the ‘net for free download.
Written by richard on 09/29/11
Submit your Rating
LVLYSL / iHipHop Distribution
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm On It ft. Vertical Jones" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.