I don’t know about y’all, but patience has never been my strong suit – be it a package in the mail or a new album from a favorite artist, if I know it’s on its way, you can bet it’ll be on my mind 24/7. Thus, I have a lot of love for an artist who cuts out the anticipatory period and simply drops a project out of nowhere – kinda like Neako did yesterday, with his latest LOUDpack mixtape. On this standout cut off the surprise project, the Jersey native takes a breather from the intense soul-searching of his recent EP leaks to revel in the pleasures of the Flesh. And who better to accompany the freestyle alum as he goes crazy with weed, women and liquor than Wiz Khalifa? Backed by the headliner’s own stark synths and lumbering, reverb-drenched percussion, Neako and his Steel City cohort pay tribute to the fast life, taking advantage of their high-roller status to pull sh*t that would get the rest of us slapped : “I got a girl in every state, when I hop up off the plane I call them b*tches to they face.” (Don’t try that one at home, guys). Does this ode to fly living leave you craving more? You’ll find what you seek on Neako’s LOUDPack2: HIGHlights, out now online.
Written by richard on 03/10/11
Submit your Rating
LVLYSL / iHipHop Distribution
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm On It ft. Vertical Jones" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.