Booth readers who enjoy hanging out in the self-help aisle of their local bookstore are undoubtedly familiar with Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff, a slim ‘97 bestseller detailing strategies for beating stress. Those who, like yours truly, can’t read the words “inspirational literature” without breaking into a cold sweat (I swear I only know that title because my mom owns a copy), can now get the same insights in a fresher – and much quicker – hip-hop format courtesy of Chi-town emcee Neak and his collaborators, Sincerely Yours and Rashid Hadee. Installment #11 in the freestyle alum‘s #illRaps series, The Small Things finds Hadee slicing-and-dicing some pensive soul samples as his on-the-mic cohorts drop bars packed with picturesque motivational wisdom, acknowledging that their lives aren’t all sunshine and roses but emphasizing that they’re not about to let any amount of of struggle distract them from achieving their lofty ambitions. Does this determination-drenched banger leave you feeling rejuvenated? If so, keep it locked you-know-where for more ill selections from Neak and company in the weeks ahead.
Written by richard on 03/21/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Make It" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.