Booth readers who enjoy hanging out in the self-help aisle of their local bookstore are undoubtedly familiar with Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff, a slim ‘97 bestseller detailing strategies for beating stress. Those who, like yours truly, can’t read the words “inspirational literature” without breaking into a cold sweat (I swear I only know that title because my mom owns a copy), can now get the same insights in a fresher – and much quicker – hip-hop format courtesy of Chi-town emcee Neak and his collaborators, Sincerely Yours and Rashid Hadee. Installment #11 in the freestyle alum‘s #illRaps series, The Small Things finds Hadee slicing-and-dicing some pensive soul samples as his on-the-mic cohorts drop bars packed with picturesque motivational wisdom, acknowledging that their lives aren’t all sunshine and roses but emphasizing that they’re not about to let any amount of of struggle distract them from achieving their lofty ambitions. Does this determination-drenched banger leave you feeling rejuvenated? If so, keep it locked you-know-where for more ill selections from Neak and company in the weeks ahead.
Written by richard on 03/21/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Make It" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.