Booth readers who enjoy hanging out in the self-help aisle of their local bookstore are undoubtedly familiar with Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff, a slim ‘97 bestseller detailing strategies for beating stress. Those who, like yours truly, can’t read the words “inspirational literature” without breaking into a cold sweat (I swear I only know that title because my mom owns a copy), can now get the same insights in a fresher – and much quicker – hip-hop format courtesy of Chi-town emcee Neak and his collaborators, Sincerely Yours and Rashid Hadee. Installment #11 in the freestyle alum‘s #illRaps series, The Small Things finds Hadee slicing-and-dicing some pensive soul samples as his on-the-mic cohorts drop bars packed with picturesque motivational wisdom, acknowledging that their lives aren’t all sunshine and roses but emphasizing that they’re not about to let any amount of of struggle distract them from achieving their lofty ambitions. Does this determination-drenched banger leave you feeling rejuvenated? If so, keep it locked you-know-where for more ill selections from Neak and company in the weeks ahead.
Written by richard on 03/21/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Make It" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)