Booth readers who enjoy hanging out in the self-help aisle of their local bookstore are undoubtedly familiar with Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff, a slim ‘97 bestseller detailing strategies for beating stress. Those who, like yours truly, can’t read the words “inspirational literature” without breaking into a cold sweat (I swear I only know that title because my mom owns a copy), can now get the same insights in a fresher – and much quicker – hip-hop format courtesy of Chi-town emcee Neak and his collaborators, Sincerely Yours and Rashid Hadee. Installment #11 in the freestyle alum‘s #illRaps series, The Small Things finds Hadee slicing-and-dicing some pensive soul samples as his on-the-mic cohorts drop bars packed with picturesque motivational wisdom, acknowledging that their lives aren’t all sunshine and roses but emphasizing that they’re not about to let any amount of of struggle distract them from achieving their lofty ambitions. Does this determination-drenched banger leave you feeling rejuvenated? If so, keep it locked you-know-where for more ill selections from Neak and company in the weeks ahead.
Written by richard on 03/21/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Make It" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.