Chosen as one of the “25 Rappers From the Chi You Should Already Know” by local magazine W.B.C., up-and-coming emcee/first-time Booth featuree Neak has been making some substantial waves in the Windy City (or “The City of Wind,” as his MySpace bio calls it), and his buzz only seems to be growing bigger. On this new mixtape cut, making its world premiere right here in the Booth, Neak lets listeners in on what makes him tick, spitting about his unstoppable drive to Make It in the music game, and the self-doubt that accompanies his lofty ambitions: “I’m prepared to take flight/Lookin’ at my life like, ‘Damn, it’s worth a lot right now,’ / I can’t let this sh*t bring me down.” Beatsmith Fyness matches the headliner’s reflective yet determined tone on the production tip, backing the track with a sampled combo of melancholy guitar and driving percussion. If you think Neak’s got what it takes to make it to the top, download a copy of his forthcoming 84 Vol. 2 (The Silent Fiasco) mixtape when it hits the ‘net in February 2010.
Note: Photo credit belong to Kinga M. Spanier
Written by richard on 12/2/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dear Sky [Premiere]" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.