Chosen as one of the “25 Rappers From the Chi You Should Already Know” by local magazine W.B.C., up-and-coming emcee/first-time Booth featuree Neak has been making some substantial waves in the Windy City (or “The City of Wind,” as his MySpace bio calls it), and his buzz only seems to be growing bigger. On this new mixtape cut, making its world premiere right here in the Booth, Neak lets listeners in on what makes him tick, spitting about his unstoppable drive to Make It in the music game, and the self-doubt that accompanies his lofty ambitions: “I’m prepared to take flight/Lookin’ at my life like, ‘Damn, it’s worth a lot right now,’ / I can’t let this sh*t bring me down.” Beatsmith Fyness matches the headliner’s reflective yet determined tone on the production tip, backing the track with a sampled combo of melancholy guitar and driving percussion. If you think Neak’s got what it takes to make it to the top, download a copy of his forthcoming 84 Vol. 2 (The Silent Fiasco) mixtape when it hits the ‘net in February 2010.
Note: Photo credit belong to Kinga M. Spanier
Written by richard on 12/2/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dear Sky [Premiere]" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.