Some recording artists are lucky enough to be natural businesspeople. For the rest, however, there are there are few experiences more draining than struggling to separate the truth from the B.S. as you navigate the murky waters of the music industry. Neak? He’d be happy if he never had to meet with another smooth-talking promoter or A&R in his life. On his latest promo single, the Chicago-repping reader fave pleads with the suits to “spare [him] that Hollywood Talk,” and give it to him straight, venting his frustrations over beatsmith Mulatto Patriot‘s shimmering keyboards. Fellow Windy City native Psalm One echoes the headliner’s disgust with industry phoniness on the guest tip. This joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming project but, as always, fans can stay tuned to The DJBooth for the latest from both of these talented Midwestern rhymesayers.
Written by richard on 01/25/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Make It" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.