Some recording artists are lucky enough to be natural businesspeople. For the rest, however, there are there are few experiences more draining than struggling to separate the truth from the B.S. as you navigate the murky waters of the music industry. Neak? He’d be happy if he never had to meet with another smooth-talking promoter or A&R in his life. On his latest promo single, the Chicago-repping reader fave pleads with the suits to “spare [him] that Hollywood Talk,” and give it to him straight, venting his frustrations over beatsmith Mulatto Patriot‘s shimmering keyboards. Fellow Windy City native Psalm One echoes the headliner’s disgust with industry phoniness on the guest tip. This joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming project but, as always, fans can stay tuned to The DJBooth for the latest from both of these talented Midwestern rhymesayers.
Written by richard on 01/25/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Make It" (2009)
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.