Ever since Chicago-born emcee Neak dropped Make It for the Booth community to rock to, we’ve all had our eyes (and ears) fixed to see what kind of new work would come from this burgeoning hip-hop genius. Fortunately, we didn’t have to wait long before we were introduced to the stellar Dear Sky and now his latest offering, Film School. On Film School, Neak builds the track with his signature mellow flow while retaining a sense of pride easily heard in his delivery. The jazz-driven, soothing quality of the cut takes fans and listeners to another realm thanks to producer Mulatto Patriot, who’s managed to create a melody that won’t soon leave our heads. Film school made Steven Spielberg famous and it might do the same for Neak - give this track a couple of listens and see if you don’t catch yourself humming it for the rest of the day. Look out for Neak’s DJBooth.net-hosted album 84 Vol. 2 (The Silent Fiasco) due out on March 2, and an exclusive In the Mix interview, dropping this Friday!
Written by Matty K on 02/25/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Make It" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.