Ever since Chicago-born emcee Neak dropped Make It for the Booth community to rock to, we’ve all had our eyes (and ears) fixed to see what kind of new work would come from this burgeoning hip-hop genius. Fortunately, we didn’t have to wait long before we were introduced to the stellar Dear Sky and now his latest offering, Film School. On Film School, Neak builds the track with his signature mellow flow while retaining a sense of pride easily heard in his delivery. The jazz-driven, soothing quality of the cut takes fans and listeners to another realm thanks to producer Mulatto Patriot, who’s managed to create a melody that won’t soon leave our heads. Film school made Steven Spielberg famous and it might do the same for Neak - give this track a couple of listens and see if you don’t catch yourself humming it for the rest of the day. Look out for Neak’s DJBooth.net-hosted album 84 Vol. 2 (The Silent Fiasco) due out on March 2, and an exclusive In the Mix interview, dropping this Friday!
Written by Matty K on 02/25/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Make It" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.