Ever since Chicago-born emcee Neak dropped Make It for the Booth community to rock to, we’ve all had our eyes (and ears) fixed to see what kind of new work would come from this burgeoning hip-hop genius. Fortunately, we didn’t have to wait long before we were introduced to the stellar Dear Sky and now his latest offering, Film School. On Film School, Neak builds the track with his signature mellow flow while retaining a sense of pride easily heard in his delivery. The jazz-driven, soothing quality of the cut takes fans and listeners to another realm thanks to producer Mulatto Patriot, who’s managed to create a melody that won’t soon leave our heads. Film school made Steven Spielberg famous and it might do the same for Neak - give this track a couple of listens and see if you don’t catch yourself humming it for the rest of the day. Look out for Neak’s DJBooth.net-hosted album 84 Vol. 2 (The Silent Fiasco) due out on March 2, and an exclusive In the Mix interview, dropping this Friday!
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Make It" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.