Ever since Chicago-born emcee Neak dropped Make It for the Booth community to rock to, we’ve all had our eyes (and ears) fixed to see what kind of new work would come from this burgeoning hip-hop genius. Fortunately, we didn’t have to wait long before we were introduced to the stellar Dear Sky and now his latest offering, Film School. On Film School, Neak builds the track with his signature mellow flow while retaining a sense of pride easily heard in his delivery. The jazz-driven, soothing quality of the cut takes fans and listeners to another realm thanks to producer Mulatto Patriot, who’s managed to create a melody that won’t soon leave our heads. Film school made Steven Spielberg famous and it might do the same for Neak - give this track a couple of listens and see if you don’t catch yourself humming it for the rest of the day. Look out for Neak’s DJBooth.net-hosted album 84 Vol. 2 (The Silent Fiasco) due out on March 2, and an exclusive In the Mix interview, dropping this Friday!
Written by Matty K on 02/25/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Make It" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.