The Year of the Gentlemen won’t begin in June as expected; Def Jam announced yesterday that Ne-Yo’s third studio album won’t be released until August 5. However, with Closer making a move up the charts, all the talented singer/song-writer needs is an additional single that grabs the public’s attention. Auditioning to be that much-needed secondary single is the Jonathan “J.R.” Rotem-produced Trouble. On this up-tempo jam, the Las Vegas native sings about a girl who he knows is dangerous, but somehow cannot stay away from—in fact, he just wants her more and more. Following up the platinum-plus In My Own Words and Because of You, Ne-Yo’s Gentlemen has some lofty shoes to fill; is the singer in trouble?
Written by DJ Z on 05/12/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All Because of You" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.