The Year of the Gentlemen won’t begin in June as expected; Def Jam announced yesterday that Ne-Yo’s third studio album won’t be released until August 5. However, with Closer making a move up the charts, all the talented singer/song-writer needs is an additional single that grabs the public’s attention. Auditioning to be that much-needed secondary single is the Jonathan “J.R.” Rotem-produced Trouble. On this up-tempo jam, the Las Vegas native sings about a girl who he knows is dangerous, but somehow cannot stay away from—in fact, he just wants her more and more. Following up the platinum-plus In My Own Words and Because of You, Ne-Yo’s Gentlemen has some lofty shoes to fill; is the singer in trouble?
Written by DJ Z on 05/12/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All Because of You" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.