When you are as famous as Ne-Yo you tend to meet a lot of people on a daily basis. Just thinking about all those autographs and handshakes makes me tired. However, just because the hitmaker is always surrounded by new faces doesn’t make missing the one that got away any easier. On Should Be You, a potential single off his new album, the Las Vegas-raised R&B star reminisces over a love lost with two very special guests. Fabolous and Diddy share in the heartbreak and, as Salaam Remi’s slow, understated beat hums, the three paint vivid pictures of what life is like as a heartbroken megastar. Should Be You can be found on Ne-Yo’s R.E.D album, recently released via Motown, and be sure to check out Fabolous’ The Soul Tape 2, available for stream/download here on DJBooth.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/30/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All Because of You" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.