When you are as famous as Ne-Yo you tend to meet a lot of people on a daily basis. Just thinking about all those autographs and handshakes makes me tired. However, just because the hitmaker is always surrounded by new faces doesn’t make missing the one that got away any easier. On Should Be You, a potential single off his new album, the Las Vegas-raised R&B star reminisces over a love lost with two very special guests. Fabolous and Diddy share in the heartbreak and, as Salaam Remi’s slow, understated beat hums, the three paint vivid pictures of what life is like as a heartbroken megastar. Should Be You can be found on Ne-Yo’s R.E.D album, recently released via Motown, and be sure to check out Fabolous’ The Soul Tape 2, available for stream/download here on DJBooth.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/30/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All Because of You" (2007)
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.